Edouard Vuillard Galleries
Jean-Edouard Vuillard, the son of a retired captain, spent his youth at Cuiseaux (Saone-et-Loire); in 1878 his family moved to Paris in modest circumstances. After his father\'s death, in 1884, Vuillard received a scholarship to continue his education. In the Lycee Condorcet Vuillard met Ker Xavier Roussel (also a future painter and Vuillard\'s future brother in law), Maurice Denis, musician Pierre Hermant, writer Pierre Veber and Lugne-Poe. On Roussel\'s advice he refused a military career and entered the Ecole des Beaux-Arts, where he met Pierre Bonnard.
In 1885, Vuillard left the Lycee Condorcet and joined his closest friend Roussel at the studio of painter Diogene Maillart. There, Roussel and Vuillard received the rudiments of artistic training. Related Paintings of Edouard Vuillard :. | Arthur Fong special table | Vial wife and hyacinth | in the garden | Indoor rocking chair | Gold chair |
Related Artists:Henry Allport
(1788-1854) Alexander Coosemans
(1627, Antwerp - 1689, Antwerp), was a Flemish Baroque painter.
According to the RKD he was registered as a pupil of Jan Davidsz de Heem in 1641 and in 1645 he became a master in the Guild of St. Luke.He travelled to Rome in 1649 but was back in Antwerp in 1651. He painted flowers, fruit, and inanimate subjects, and flourished in the Netherlands about 1630. Fruit subjects by him are in the Augsburg Gallery and the Belvedere at Vienna. In the Madrid Gallery there is a fruit-piece attributed to a J. D. Cooseman, who is said to have flourished in the Netherlands in the 17th century: and in the Bordeaux Museum, a fruit-piece ascribed to a N. Coosman. He was followed by Hendrik Schoock.Abraham van den Tempel
(1622?C1672) was a Dutch Golden Age painter.
He probably learned painting from his father, also a painter, but who died when he was still quite young, in 1636. That is the same year that he moved to Amsterdam, where he stayed until 1647, whereupon he moved to Leiden. According to Houbraken he was the son of a Mennonite preacher in Leeuwarden who was a respected art teacher. His father was Lambert Jacobsz (or Jacobszoon), who had taught Govert Flinck and Jacob Adriaensz Backer in their youth, both of whom were artists from Mennonite families. Abraham took the name Tempel because when he studied in Leiden, he lived in a house there with a relief of a Tempel in the keystone. He became a pupil of Jacob Backer, and studied mathematics at Leiden University. He met with great success with the Leiden city council, earning several generous commissions, including a series of three large allegorical paintings on the cloth industry of Leiden for the Cloth Hall which still hang in their original place today in the Stedelijk Museum De Lakenhal.
Sir William Davidson of Curriehill, Conservator of the Cloth Staple at Veere (with his son Charles), 1664.He became master of the Guild of St. Luke in 1657 and in 1659 he was chartermaster. In 1660 he returned to Amsterdam. His pupils were Frans van Mieris the Elder, Carel de Moor, Michiel van Musscher, Ary de Vois, and Isaac Paling